Savion is a luxurious rural town located west of Kiryat Ono, 11 kilometers east of Tel Aviv. The city was founded in 1954 and its symbolic name was originally given to it as part of a plan to start a city for wealthy immigrants, mostly from South Africa. The original plan didn’t succeed, as most of its initial residents were local middle class families. In 1960 Savion got its luxurious character, once villas, luxury homes and lots were offered for sale. Savion was officially declared a local council in 1978, and in 2003 Ganei Yehuda was annexed to it. According to the Central Bureau of Statistics, Savion is classified as one of the highest socio-economical ranked cities. Savion enjoys excellent development and it offers great community services. Lots' size varies from from 0.3 to 2.5 acres and the most desirable streets are the small central ones such as Kerem Hazeitim, Hareches, Haguy, Harishonim, Habrush, Haoranim, etc.